Fulper Pottery Marks
Fulper Pottery (1814-1930) Flemington, New Jersey was founded by Samuel Hill, a potter originally from New Brunswick, New Jersey. Two years after Mr. Hill's death, the company was owned by Abraham Fulper and now called Fulper Pottery. In 1899, the company was incorporated, called The Fulper Pottery Company, and the driving force of the company was William H. Fulper II. Fulper Pottery Co. became known for its shapes, glazes along with the Vasecraft art pottery lamps and shades. In 1910, Mr. Fulper hired Martin Stangl and the now highly sought after Vasecraft lamps were designed and brought into production. Fulper products were sold across the United States in department stores, gift shops and jewelry stores. In addition to vases and lamps, Fulper also produced bookends, dolls, dinnerware, desk sets, tiles and more. The marks include, but not limited to, the early oval ink mark, rectangular ink mark, squat rectangular ink mark, horizontal raised mark, Vasecraft paper label and Vasecraft ink mark. Although called Stangl Pottery, in 1955 the company was officially renamed the Stangl Pottery Company.